Number 26 is the most majestic warehouse in the port, 250 m in length and covering 30,000 m2. The 5-storey building was completed in 1897 and restored in 2008. Before long, the heart of the Porto Vecchio museum centre will house the rich collections of the New Museum of the Sea, as well as a wide range of spaces intended for cultural, scientific, research and museum institutions.
The project forsees maintaining the structure in its architectural features, adding only a helical staircase in the central body of the building that will lead up to the transparent glass attic with an evocative panoramic perspective over the Porto Vecchio.
Guillermo Vazquez Consuegra presents his project for the Sea Museum.